The best businesses in Arun were given an early Christmas present when they were honoured at a spectacular awards ceremony by their peers. More than 230 guests gathered to hear business success stories and celebrate just a fraction of the amazing achievements of local companies at the Arun Business Partnership Awards 2016
The Arun Business Partnership was set up more than 20 years ago to encourage local companies to work together. It is now run by a steering group of local business people and is supported by Arun District Council.
Each of the 18 categories are sponsored by local companies and representatives of those businesses form the judging panel – so winning one of these awards was no easy feat. Every category was keenly contested with Ford-based Gusto Wines being awarded the Overall Business of the Year, sponsored by A J S Labels.
Councillor Jacky Pendleton, Vice Chairman of Arun District Council, said: “It was a great privilege to be present at this celebration of the success of large and small businesses from across the Arun district. The hard work and dedication of these businesses is really inspiring and demonstrates the entrepreneurial spirit is flourishing in Arun. I would encourage business owners to consider taking part in the awards next year. I would like to thank Butlin’s for providing such a splendid venue for this year’s awards.”
Other award winners are as follows…
- Business of the Year (up to 5 employees), sponsored by ISS Facilities Lanscaping: Bay Tree Estates
Business of the Year (6-10 employees), sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses: The Boat House Cafe
- Business of the Year (over 10 employees), sponsored by Spofforths: Woods Travel
- New Business of the Year, sponsored by Gusto Wines: Tonsorial Parlour
- Business in Education Award, sponsored by the University of Chichester: Pro Coaching Football Academy
- Business in the Community Award, sponsored by Parker Kittiwake: Regis Gymnastics
- Business Marketing and Promotion Award, sponsored by NL Autos: Pink’s Vintage
- Green Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Aldingbourne Trust: Bah Humbug Sweets
- Customer Care Award, sponsored by Bay Tree Estates: Regis Removals
- Training and Development Award, sponsored by L Guess Jewellers: Aldingbourne Trust
- Website of the Year Award, sponsored by BNBR (Business Networking Bognor Regis): Gusto Wines
- Disability Awareness Award, sponsored by F A Holland & Son: Enable Me
- Sussex by the Sea Tourism Award, sponsored by Woods Travel: Arundel Wetlands Centre
Wellbeing in the Workplace Award, sponsored by Arun Wellbeing: Aldingbourne Trust
- Employee of the Year Award, sponsored by Littlehampton Academy: Joe Harris from Luv Carpets
- Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Gusto Wines: Jack Keywood from Luv Carpets
- The Robert Warham Award for Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by the Best Western Beachcroft Hotel: Courteney Walters from Regis Removals
For more information about the Arun Business Partnership please contact Miriam Nicholls, Arun District Council’s Business Development Manager, on 01903 737845 or Miriam.Nicholls@arun.gov.uk or visit www.arunbusinesspartnership.co.uk.